Frequently Asked Questions

About the event

When is the Beach Race?
The event is from the 19thto 21stOctober 2018
Where can I purchase tickets?
Tickets can be purchased online until the cut off date, after this, tickets can be purchased from the ticket office on your arrival to the event.

Purchase Tickets Here

Can I camp at the event?
There is the HydroGarden Village, which you can camp in your motorhome. Please note we do not accept tents or caravans. To book your spot in the HydroGarden Village please call the RHL office on 01873 840640 ** PLEASE NOTE WE ARE NOW SOLD OUT WITHIN THE HYDROGARDEN CAMPING VILLAGE **
How long is the course?
The course is approximately 3 miles long

Track Preview from 2017

Where can I find the timetable for the event?
The race schedule can be found online within the HydroGarden Weston Beach event on the RHL Activities website. The full programme events will also be available in the programme.

View the Timetable Here

Can I bring my dog to the event?
Yes, however it must be kept on a lead at all times.

Entries & Passes

I am a rider from outside the UK, what licence do I need?
If you don’t hold an ACU or SACU licence you must provide a copy of your FIM/UEM licence with Start Permission.
I am unable to obtain Start Permission where else can I obtain one from?
RHL Activities Ltd can provide a foreign rider policy at a cost of £95.00. Please contact secretary@rhlactivities.com
Can I purchase a day licence?
Day licences for the HydroGarden Weston Beach Race must be obtained online when entering. (No entry will be accepted without a valid ACU licence or day licence)

Does my day licence cover me for both days as I am competing in races on both days?
Yes the day licence covers you for the 2018 HydroGarden Weston Beach Race
Can I get a refund on my entry?
The deadline for refund on an entry under medical exemption is midnight on 1st October 2018, with 50% of the original entry fee being repaid. ACU day licences are non-refundable and do not come under the medical exemption refund policy. Medical exemption can only be accepted upon receipt of one of the following: doctors note, hospital letter or official headed medical paperwork. 
Medical documentation can be submitted by any of the following means:
Post:RHL Activities Ltd, The Bryn Garage, Penpergwm, Abergavenny, NP7 9AT
Mobile:07773 817282
What classes is there?

Solo Over 40

Solo Under 40

Solo Quad

Two Man Quad

4x4 Quad



85cc Small Wheel

85cc Big Wheel



Why do I have such a high number?
Rider numbers are allocated in order of priority of receipt of fully completed applications. The rider number does not dictate the placement of your bike within the Parc Ferme, it is just your number under which you will race.
How many passes do I get as a rider?
Riders will get a rider pass and two mechanic passes with their entry. Sidecar and Two Man Quad will get two rider passes and two mechanic passes. These passes grant you access to the event for whole weekend.


Where can I get a transponder?
You can purchase a transponder through HS Sports, the official race-timing partner or you can hire one for the weekend by heading over to www.transponderhire.co.uk or email them at westonbeach@hssports.co.uk
What’s the cost to hire a transponder?
If you hire in advance it will cost you £30.00 if completed by midnight on 14thOctober or £40.00 on the day. 
You will also be required to leave a cash or credit/debit card deposit of £150.00
Where do I collect my transponder from at the event?
You can collect your transponder from the timing hut, which is situated opposite from technical control.

Click here to show where to collect on site

Technical Control

When can I get my bike in for technical control?
If you have booked into the HydroGarden Camping Village you can take up the early technical control from 8.00am to 9.00am on Friday 19thOctober. Technical Control then opens from 9.00am to 17.00pm for riders.
Can I get my bike through technical control on Saturday morning?
There is an hour slot from 8.00am to 9.00am on Saturday morning for technical control, however priority is given to youth riders. If you would like to enquire about the Saturday morning please email rider@rhlactivities.com
What do I need to bring to Technical Control?
You will need to bring your Helmet, Boots, Body Armour and your machine. Please ensure you have your technical control card filled out before arriving to the technical control areas.
Do I need to wear Body Armour?
Yes you must wear back and chest protectors incorporated within the suit or worn separately. A visual check will be carried out at technical control and our technical crew will carry out a visual check whilst riders are waiting to enter Parc Ferme. Non compliance of the wearing of back and check protector by a rider will result in the not being allowed to participate in the race in line with the ACU guidelines.
Can I get to my bike before the race and after its been through technical control?
No. Parc Ferme is a sterile and secure area. Riders will not be permitted to enter this area until circa 10 minutes prior to racing